Master Capital Allocation
The 10 Levers for Maximizing Shareholder Returns
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In this course we are going to tackle capital allocation, that is, how the CEO, and you as their strategic partner, go about deploying cash inside the business. CEO’s are ultimately measured on their record of generating returns for their shareholders.
The single most important determinant of shareholder returns is capital allocation. Knowing what tools you have available and when to use them is the key. We’ll look how and when you source cash. We’ll also look at the strategies behind selecting the most optimal use of that cash, which may include buying back shares in yourself.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in finance or related fields.
What will you learn in this course:
- Define what is capital allocation and identify the relevant tools.
- Identify and evaluate sources of cash generated by the business.
- Integrate financing strategy with capital allocation to preserve flexibility and maximize returns.
- Evaluate uses of surplus cash to pay dividends and/or repurchase shares.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Exposure to corporate finance.
- No advanced preparation is needed for this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Overview 07:20 07:20
- What is it and how can I evaluate it? 11:01 11:01
- Operating sources of cash for allocation 05:57 05:57
- Investment of capital 08:20 08:20
- Cash raised from financing 05:34 05:34
- Dividend and stock repurchases 13:29 13:29
- Six common traits of master capital allocators 03:33 03:33
Blair CookThought Leaders in the Field of Executive Finance
A financial executive and corporate director with a broad base of experience working as a financial leader, catalyst, operator and steward in a number of public and private companies operating in a broad array of industries, with a deep background as a financial, consulting, and accounting educator providing professional development services to Big 4 Public Accounting Firms, universities, and professional institutes.
Specialties:Leadership, finance, accounting, mergers and acquisitions, auditing, instructional design, facilitation and instruction, authoring, decision analysis
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now