Very usefull course
Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) | Database Design In Java
Level up your Java programming skill with Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) and Swing technology for absolute beginners
Duration -3.5 hours
Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) is an application programming interface (API) for the programming language Java, which defines how a client may access a database. It is a Java-based data access technology used for Java database connectivity. It is part of the Java Standard Edition platform, from Oracle Corporation. It provides methods to query and update data in a database, and is oriented toward relational databases. A JDBC-to-ODBC bridge enables connections to any ODBC-accessible data source in the Java virtual machine (JVM) host environment.
JDBC ('Java Database Connectivity') allows multiple implementations to exist and be used by the same application. The API provides a mechanism for dynamically loading the correct Java packages and registering them with the JDBC Driver Manager. The Driver Manager is used as a connection factory for creating JDBC connections.
JDBC connections support creating and executing statements. These may be update statements such as SQL's CREATE, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE, or they may be query statements such as SELECT. Additionally, stored procedures may be invoked through a JDBC connection. JDBC represents statements using one of the following classes:
Statement: the statement is sent to the database server each and every time.
PreparedStatement: the statement is cached and then the execution path is pre-determined on the database server allowing it to be executed multiple times in an efficient manner.
CallableStatement: used for executing stored procedures on the database.
Update statements such as INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE return an update count that indicates how many rows were affected in the database. These statements do not return any other information.
Query statements return a JDBC row result set. The row result set is used to walk over the result set. Individual columns in a row are retrieved either by name or by column number. There may be any number of rows in the result set. The row result set has metadata that describes the names of the columns and their types.
There is an extension to the basic JDBC API in the javax.sql.
JDBC connections are often managed via a connection pool rather than obtained directly from the driver.
When a Java application needs a database connection, one of the DriverManager.getConnection() methods is used to create a JDBC connection. The URL used is dependent upon the particular database and JDBC driver. It will always begin with the "jdbc:" protocol, but the rest is up to the particular vendor.
What will you learn in this course:
- You will setup Database step by step
- You will create Database table
- You will create Database connection
- You will create Database login page
- You will add image to the login page
- You will create a new tap using JFrame
- You will learn how to populate your database table
- You will learn how to hide passwords
- You will insert data into the database
- You will update the database values
- You will delete data from the database
- You will auto-refresh the database table
- You will learn how to use Combobox in the database table
- You will learn how to create a clear button
- You will select data from the database
- You will learn how to authorize delete action from database
- You will add search engine to your database
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You will have the basic knowledge of Java programming
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Getting Started with Database Design in Java from scratch
- Introduction to Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) 07:31 07:31
- Database setup step by step on Firefox 14:08 14:08
- How to create Database table 12:36 12:36
- Create Database connection 25:04 25:04
- Create Database login page 28:04 28:04
- How to add image to the login page 14:45 14:45
- How to create a new tap using JFrame 09:44 09:44
- How to populate a table 16:39 16:39
- How to hide passwords 04:10 04:10
- How to insert data into the database 13:18 13:18
- How to update the database values 16:26 16:26
- How to delete a data from the database 05:03 05:03
- How to auto-refresh the database table 07:22 07:22
- How to use Combobox in the database table 24:37 24:37
- How to create a clear button 04:50 04:50
- How to select data from the database 08:56 08:56
- How to authorize delete action from database 07:10 07:10
- How to add search engine to your database 17:49 17:49
Learn by doing it yourself from scratch... Build real projects henceforth!
Emenwa Global instructors are industry experts with years of practical, real-world experience building software at industry leading companies. They are sharing everything they know to teach thousands of students around the world, just like you, the most in-demand technical and non-technical skills (which are commonly overlooked) in the most efficient way so that you can take control of your life and unlock endless exciting new career opportunities in the world of technology, no matter your background or experience.
Emenwa Global is a professional software development company that offers global services which include Computer programming, Website Development, Digital Marketing, SEO, Content Provision, Mobile Application Development, Networking and Cyber Security to wide range of individuals and companies all over the world. We help you to achieve your dream in the world of internet business and we always accompany our clients until they are fully satisfied. Our team of Engineers are 24/7 at your service.
Learn creative skills, from absolute beginner to advanced mastery.
Emenwa Global exists to help you succeed in life. Each course has been hand-tailored to teach a specific practical skill.
Whether you’re trying to learn a new skill from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learned in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
Education makes the world a better place. Make your world better with new practical skills from scratch...
One other important philosophy is that our courses are taught by real professionals, software developers with real and substantial experience in the industry, who are also great teachers. All our instructors are experienced, software developers.
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. Most are fully downloadable so you can take them with you. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
Whether you are a beginner, looking to learn how to program for the very first time, or to brush up on your existing skills, or to learn new languages and frameworks, the Academy has you covered. Welcome to Emenwa Global... Get our complete and practical courses today!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now