Inside Volleyball Practice Vol. 1
Featuring Coach Ashlie Hain
Updated on Feb, 2024
Language - English
Duration -1.5 hours
Get an inside look at a Division I college volleyball practice with University of California, Irvine Head Coach Ashlie Hain. This comprehensive practice session covers positional training with outsides, middles, liberos and setters. Among the numerous skills and drills covered are: middle blocker, hitting, blocking, transition, off blocker, over the net pepper games, defensive coverage, serve receive, setting and much more. This video is an exceptional resource for volleyball coaches or players at any level of competition. 102 minutes.
About the coach:
Ashlie Hain is the Head Women's Volleyball Coach at the University of California Irvine (UCI). Hain, a two-time team captain and setter for the Anteaters, played at UCI from 2001-04 and is still the career leader in assists with 5,698 and is fifth in career digs (1,175). She returned to UCI after coaching at American River College (ARC) and serving as a Professor of Kinesiology. Hain amassed 127 wins in six years at ARC and was voted the Conference Coach of the Year as well as the Northern California Coach of the Year in 2013. Ashlie Hain also spent two years in the professional ranks, playing in Stuttgart, Germany, and Split, Croatia.
What will you learn in this course:
- Students will know the important volleyball fundamentals of passing, setting, blocking and hitting. They will know several of the best drills to practice to achieve success in volleyball.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Students should already be familiar with the basic fundamentals of volleyball. There should be a enough players available to do the drills presented.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 00:45 00:45
- Middle Blocker Drills 18:12 18:12
- Hitting Drills 09:50 09:50
- Block Drill on the Box 04:25 04:25
- Transition from Blocking to Hitting 07:06 07:06
- Off Blocker Drills 07:22 07:22
- The L Drills - Hitting 3 different Sets 07:09 07:09
- Over the Net Pepper Games 12:00 12:00
- Blocking, Covering and Transition Drills 08:12 08:12
- Serve Receive - Transition Out and Hit 07:48 07:48
- Setting Drills 18:59 18:59
- Closing Comments and Credits 00:42 00:42
Sport Videos is one of the world's premier producers of instructional videos for coaches and athletes at all competitive levels. Our videos feature some of the top coaches and athletes in the world. We cover every individual and team sport from archery to wrestling. With 29 different sports and 94 expert instructors, we are ready to help you take your game to the next level!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now