- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In order to meet the ever-increasing demand in factories and for shelter, trees are being continually cut. Is it justified to cut trees for such projects? Discuss and prepare a brief report.
No. It is strictly not justified to cut the trees for urbanization and industrialization.
Trees are the shelters for many animals, birds, insects, and other organisms. Cutting them leads to ecological imbalance and can also increase global warming.
Trees and plants absorb water from the Earth through their roots. This absorbed water goes back into the atmosphere through transpiration from leaves. Water vapor is the main cause of rain.
During deforestation, less water will evaporate into the atmosphere and thus can cause reduced rainfall.
The effects of deforestation on the following areas are:
(a) Wild animals: Deforestation has lost the natural habitat of the animals and can also lead to their extinction.
(b) Environment: Deforestation causes global warming in the environment and has an adverse effect on the ecosystem.
The plants are responsible for the absorption of carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen into the atmosphere, and their absence will result in the accumulation of carbon dioxide gas.
(c) Villages (Rural areas): Villagers and tribals are one of the stakeholders of forests. They obtain fuel, fruits, wood, etc. from forests.
Deforestation reduces these available resources, and freely moving uninhabited animals also poses a danger for the villagers.
(d) Cities (Urban areas): Although, city people are not directly affected by deforestation, climate change caused due to deforestation is responsible for various calamities such as floods, droughts, tsunamis, etc.
(e) Earth: Deforestation removes the fertile land's green cover and converts it into the desert. It leads to climatic change and natural calamities.
(f) Next Generation: Due to the harsh climatic conditions and increasing global warming caused by deforestation, many animals and plants species are on the verge of extinction. The next generation might not be able to obtain a glimpse of beautiful and attractive flora and fauna.
- How are decision trees used for classification?
- Cut Set and Cut Vertex of Graph
- What are Parse Trees (Derivation Trees)?
- Tournament Trees, Winner Trees and Loser Trees in Data Structure
- Execute a script when the content of the element is being cut in HTML?
- Define cut off point cut-off rate in accounting.
- What is Cut-through switching?
- What are the trees used for furniture and which type of wood last long?
- Check for Identical BSTs without building the trees in C++
- Huffman Algorithm for t-ary Trees in Data Structure
- Python Program to find out how many cubes are cut
- Definition and Properties of Trees
- Connectivity, Distance, and Spanning Trees
- How to cut only the first character in MySQL string?
- C++ Program to Find the Maximum Cut in a Graph
- Fractal Trees in Python