- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
If two equal chords of a circle intersect within the circle, prove that the line joining the point of intersection to the centre makes equal angles with the chords.
Two equal chords of a circle intersect within the circle
We have to prove that the line joining the point of intersection to the centre makes equal angles with the chords.
Let $AB$ and $CD$ be two equal cords which intersect at point $R$.
$PQ$ is the diameter of the circle.
From the centre of the circle, draw a perpendicular to $AB$ and another one perpendicular to $CD$
$OM \perp AB$
$ON \perp CD$.
From the diagram,
$OM$ bisects $AB$ and $OM \perp AB$
$ON$ bisects $CD$ and $ON \perp CD$
$AB = CD$
In triangles $OMR$ and $ONR$,
$\angle OMR = \angle ONR$
$OE = OE$ (Common side)
$OM = ON$ ($AB$ and $CD$ are equal and they are equidistant from the centre)
Therefore, by RHS congruency,
$\triangle OMR \cong \triangle ONR$
$\angle ORM = ORN$..........(iii) (CPCT)
$\angle BRQ = CRQ$
- Area of decagon inscribed within the circle in C Program?
- C Program for area of decagon inscribed within the circle?
- Area of circle inscribed within rhombus?
- Find the Intersection Point of Two Linked Lists in Java
- Check if two line segments intersect
- Java program to find the area of a circle
- Java program to find the circumference of a circle
- Python Program to find the area of a circle
- Java Program to Find the Perimeter of a Circle
- Find minimum radius such that atleast k point lie inside the circle in C++
- Find if a point lies inside a Circle in C++
- Find the area of a circle in C programming.
- Find the Area of a Circle in Java Program
- How to lock the rotation of a Circle using FabricJS?