- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to Add Cards On YouTube?
In-video notifications also called as YouTube cards can help you advertise your business and other videos on your channel. YouTube creators can increase the level of involvement in their videos by using the info cards.
In case if you have never used it, here's how it functions for the audience:
- Step 1 − Go to YouTube.comYouTube.com website and sign in to your YouTube account. Click on your channel’s profile icon. A drop-down menu appears (as shown in the image).
- Step 2 − From the drop-down menu, click on the YouTube studio (as shown in the below image).
- Step 3 − Once you click on the YouTube studio, you will be redirected to this page (as shown below). From the left-side menu, click on the Content button.
- Step 4 − You will be taken to the Channel Content page. Select the video for which you want to add cards. Here I’m having only one video so I’m clicking on that video.
- Step 5 − The Video details section page will be opened up, and in this page to the right side when you scroll down you will find the Cards section. Click on the Cards button.
- Step 6 − When you click on the Cards, a separate window will be opened up. Here you can select the type of the card to begin, it can be either Video or Playlist or Channel. For suppose, let’s click on Video.
- Step 7 − When you click on the Video, a separate window will be opened up. You can choose a specific video from your previous videos or from any video on YouTube. Here I selected a video from the YouTube.
- Step 8 − Paste the URL of the selected video on the right side box and click on the Video Thumbnail.
- Step 9 − Once you click on the video Thumbnail, the video gets added in the video card section and you can type any custom message if you want (it’s an optional) and click on Save.
- Step 10 − By using cards, you can add up to five videos. To further add the videos, click on the Card button.
- Step 11 − Once you click on Cards, a drop-down menu appears and from the drop-down menu, click on the Playlist.
- Step 12 − A separate window will be opened up. You can select any of your channel’s playlist or you can add any playlist on YouTube. Here I’m adding my playlist. Click on the selected playlist.
- Step 13 − Once the playlist is added, the Playlist Card is displayed under the Cards section.
- Step 14 − Similar to the above, you can add up to five videos. Once the video card and play card is added. Click on the Save button.
- Step 15 − Once the cards are added, while playing the video it will appear (as below).
- Step 16 − You can even add any of your favorite channel’s link or your channel link on the info card. For that, you need click on the CARD.
- Step 17 − A drop-down menu appears and from the drop-down menu, click on the Channel.
- Step 18 − You can select any specific channel or you can paste the URL of your channel too. Here I’m selecting Mythri Movie makers YouTube channel link and pasted in the search bar and from the group of the videos, click on the Mythri Movie Makers YouTube Thumbnail.
- Step 19 − Channel Card is added and enter the custom message and Teaser Text in 30 words (It’s compulsory) and click on the Save button.
Now, it's time to include action cards into your YouTube strategy as it sends viewers to relevant videos and playlists, gaining new subscribers, or sending them to a specified off-site location. Moreover, YouTube cards can help you keep viewers on your channel. Just make sure the content you link to is appropriate.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started