- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How does the electronic configuration of an atom relate to its position in the Modern Periodic Table?
The elements are arranged in the modern periodic table in increasing order of atomic number and help in arranging the elements according to their electronic configuration. As elements having the same number of valence electrons show similar chemical properties, they are placed under the same group.
For example, if an element has 1 or 2 electrons in its outermost shell, then it would belong to group 1 or group 2. And if it has 3 or more electrons in its outermost shell, then it would belong to group 10 4- the number of electrons in the outermost shell.
Periodic table: A periodic table is a tabular display of all the chemical elements that are arranged by the order of their atomic number, electronic configuration, and recurring chemical properties.
It displays the names, atomic numbers, symbols and atomic weights of known elements. It serves as a great tool for solving chemistry problems.
The periodic table is important because it is organized to provide a great deal of information about elements and how they relate to one another in one reference. The table can be used to predict the properties of all the elements, even those that have not yet been discovered.]
- Who was the inventor of Periodic Table?
- What role does the Psychiatrist play in the modern world?
- How does data mining relate to information processing and online analytical processing?
- How to check the current configuration of MongoDB?
- How does the tech industry manipulate its customers?
- Controlling the Position of Table Caption using CSS
- What is electronic noise and what are its types?
- How to find the position of NA in an R vector?
- What are the elements of modern computers?
- How to change the default configuration in Git?
- How to change the column position of MySQL table without losing column data?
- How to find the position of odd numbers in an R vector?
- How to Install Atom 1.6.0 on Linux