- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Give two reasons for the appearance of variations among the progeny formed by sexual reproduction.
Sexual reproduction brings about maximum variations in the offspring as it involves the fusion of two different gametes (male and female gametes) from two different individuals and the mixing of the characters through genetic recombination (crossing over).
Variation means the differences present in the characteristics of the individuals of the species such as the difference in skin color, height, etc. It can be caused due to the difference in the DNA sequence responsible for the expression of the particular character.
Human height and ear lobes pattern (free and attached) are the two traits that show variation in human beings.
Variation provides uniqueness in terms of hair color, skin color, and even the shape of faces. It helps them to adapt to a particular environment and increases the chance of survival.
For example, thermophilic bacteria are kind of variants that are resistant to extreme temperatures and have a chance of survival in high temperate zones.]
- Animating canvas to infinitely animate the noise to give the appearance of movement in HTML
- The Best Reasons for Facebook Passion
- What are the Variations of DES?
- What are the reasons for using EAI?
- Has France done the right thing by setting the legal age of sexual consent as 15?
- Give examples for the percentage of completion method
- What are the reasons for the increasing rate of rapes in India?
- Maximum factors formed by two numbers in Python
- What are different variations of for loop iterations?
- What are the reasons for Gorkhaland agitation in Darjeeling?
- Variations of Pairing Heaps
- Compare and analyze any two major variations of message passing systems
- Give the journal entry for the sinking fund deprecation method.
- Reasons for a C++ program crash
- What are the Turing machine variations in TOC?
- Give 5 reasons why should I quit non-veg and be a vegan?