- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Find out what vitamins are and get the following information.
(i) Why are vitamins necessary in the diet?
(ii) Which fruits or vegetables should be eaten regularly to get vitamins?
Write a one-page note on the information collected by you. You may take help of a doctor, a dietician, your teacher or any other person, or from any other source.
(i) Vitamins are necessary for the diet because they help in the strengthening of the bones, healing wounds, and boosting the immune system. Vitamins are also required to generate energy from the food and wear and tear of the cells in the body.
(ii) Several foods in the daily diet help in increasing the body\'s natural disease-fighting abilities. In total there are 14 different vitamins: Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D, E, K, Beta Carotene, and Lycopene.
Vitamins A, D, E, and K are categorized into fat-soluble vitamins. Food products such as meats, oils, and dairy are the best sources of fat-soluble vitamins.
Vitamin B and C are categorized into water-soluble vitamins. Food products such as leafy vegetables and fruits are the best source of water-soluble vitamins.
Major food ingredients rich in vitamins include seeds, broccoli, dark leafy vegetables, fish, pork, beef, lamb, mushrooms, nuts, eggs, sweet bell peppers, winter squash, avocados, peas, and fruits.
- What are the best vitamins for hair growth?
- What Vitamins are good to prevent hair loss?
- What are the different ways to include dry fruits in our diet?
- What should be the order in which libraries are linked in GCC?
- What are the symptoms of bird flu which should not be ignored?
- Why should eval be avoided in Bash, and what should I use instead?
- What are the following steps for the key generation of DES in information security?
- What are the easy dishes that can be made with vegetables available in winters - cauliflower, peas, carrot?
- Which are the states in India affected by Naxalites? And why?
- What are the top Reasons given by Indian Parents why their children should get Married. ASAP!
- What are the Information Security Attack?
- What is mundan ceremony or mundan sanskar and why is it necessary?
- What are the challenges in information security?
- Can I find out the next auto_increment to be used?
- Which one should I use? The datetime or timestamp data type in MySQL?
- What are the Threats and Attacks to Information Security?