- Fatehpur Sikri Fort
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Home
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Overview
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - History
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Architecture
- Buland Darwaza
- Fatehpur Sikri - Places of Worship
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Tombs
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Halls
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Palaces
- Fatehpur Sikri - Other Monuments
- How to Reach Fatehpur Sikri Fort?
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Nearby Places
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort Useful Resources
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Quick Guide
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Resources
- Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Fatehpur Sikri Fort - Nearby Places
Tourists can visit Agra and Bharatpur as there are many monuments in these places. Some of them will be discussed here.
Agra Fort was built by Lodi dynasty and Mughal dynasty elaborated its construction areawise as well as architecture-wise. The red sand stone of the fort were replaced with marbles and other Mughal art has been embedded in the fort.
Aurangzeb imprisoned his father Shah Jahan in this fort who looked at the Taj Mahal from the window of the fort. The distance between the fort and the Taj can be covered in 15 to 20 minutes as the distance between both the monuments is around 7km. Many structures like pillars, mosques, halls and others are included in the fort.
Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. This monument is one of the seven wonders of the world and is built from white marble. Along with marble, red sandstone is also used to build some structures like mosque, entrance gates and others. Taj Mahal is around 7km from Agra Fort.
Akbar’s tomb was built by Akbar in Sikandra. Akbar started the construction of this tomb in 1600 and it was completed in the reign of Jahangir in 1613. The tomb has lawns and arched gates. The tomb has the combination of architectures of Hindu, Islam, Jain, Buddhist, and Christians. Sikandra is around 13km from Agra fort.
In Bharatpur, Tourists can visit Loha Fort, Laxman Ji Mandir, Ganga Mandir, Moti Mahal, Nehru Park and many other monuments