Efficiently define, launch, and manage Infrastructure as Code across various cloud platforms
About the Book
Discover how to manage and scale your infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with Terraform
- Get up and running with the latest version of Terraform, v0.13
- Design and manage infrastructure that can be shared, tested, modified, provisioned, and deployed
- Work through practical recipes to achieve zero-downtime deployment and scale your infrastructure effectively
HashiCorp Configuration Language (HCL) has changed how we define and provision a data center infrastructure with the launch of Terraform—one of the most popular and powerful products for building Infrastructure as Code. This practical guide will show you how to leverage HashiCorp's Terraform tool to manage a complex infrastructure with ease.
Starting with recipes for setting up the environment, this book will gradually guide you in configuring, provisioning, collaborating, and building a multi-environment architecture. Unlike other books, you’ll also be able to explore recipes with real-world examples to provision your Azure infrastructure with Terraform. Once you’ve covered topics such as Azure Template, Azure CLI, Terraform configuration, and Terragrunt, you’ll delve into manual and automated testing with Terraform configurations. The next set of chapters will show you how to manage a balanced and efficient infrastructure and create reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules. Finally, you’ll explore the latest DevOps trends such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and zero-downtime deployments.
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed the skills you need to get the most value out of Terraform and manage your infrastructure effectively.
What you will learn
- Understand how to install Terraform for local development
- Get to grips with writing Terraform configuration for infrastructure provisioning
- Use Terraform for advanced infrastructure use cases
- Understand how to write and use Terraform modules
- Discover how to use Terraform for Azure infrastructure provisioning
- Become well-versed in testing Terraform configuration
- Execute Terraform configuration in CI/CD pipelines
- Explore how to use Terraform Cloud
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, operators, and DevOps engineers looking to improve their workflow and use Infrastructure as Code. Experience with Microsoft Azure, Jenkins, shell scripting, and DevOps practices is required to get the most out of this Terraform book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now