- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
Difference Between PGP and S/MIME
In this post, we will understand the difference between PGH and S/MIME −
It has been designed to process plain text.
It is not expensive in comparison to S/MIME.
It can be used personally as well as at offices.
It is less efficient in comparison to S/MIME.
It depends on the key exchange made by the user.
It is less convenient in comparison to S/MIME.
It contains 4096 public keys.
It is considered as the standard for strong encryption.
It can be used in VPNs.
It uses Diffie-Hellman digital signature.
It has been designed to process email and multimedia files.
It is relatively expensive.
It is used in industrial purposes.
It is more efficient in comparison to PGP.
It depends on a hierarchical valid certificate for key exchange.
It is easy/convenient to use, since it uses secure transformation in all its applications.
It contains 1024 public keys.
It is also considered as the standard for strong encryption but has certain cons.
It is used with email services, not VPNs.
It uses Elgamal digital signature.
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between PGP and S/MIME?
- Difference between PGP and GPG
- Difference between char s and char *s in C
- What is Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)?
- Difference between S Corp and C Corp
- Understanding PGP: Authentication and Confidentiality Explained
- What\'s the difference between Docker and Python virtualenv?
- Difference between SAP ERP and SAP S/4 HANA
- What's the difference between sizeof and alignof?
- C/C++ difference's between strncmp() and strcmp.
- What's the difference between window.location and document.location?
- What's the difference between Matplotlib.pyplot and Matplotlib.figure?
- What's the difference between "!!" and "?" in Kotlin?
- What's the Difference between Skills and Competencies?
- Difference Between Bell's Palsy and Cerebral Palsy