- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between combinational and sequential circuit
In digital electronics both combinational and sequential circuit are the most widely used circuits. These are two broad categories of circuits defined in the digital electronics where one type of circuit is independent of time and other is dependent on time.
Following are the important differences between combinational and sequential circuit
|Sr. No.||Key||Combinational Circuit||Sequential Circuit|
|1||Definition||Combinational Circuit is the type of circuit in which output is independent of time and only relies on the input present at that particular instant.||On other hand Sequential circuit is the type of circuit where output not only relies on the current input but also depends on the previous output.|
|2||Feedback||In Combinational circuit as output does not depend on the time instant, no feedback is required for its next output generation.||On other hand in case of Sequential circuit output relies on its previous feedback so output of previous input is being transferred as feedback used with input for next output generation.|
|3||Performance||As the input of current instant is only required in case of Combinational circuit, it is faster and better in performance as compared to that of Sequential circuit.||On other hand Sequential circuit are comparatively slower and has low performance as compared to that of Combinational circuit.|
|4||Complexity||No implementation of feedback makes the combinational circuit less complex as compared to sequential circuit.||However on other hand implementation of feedback makes sequential circuit more complex as compared to combinational circuit.|
|5||Elementary Blocks||Elementary building blocks for combinational circuit are logic gates.||On other hand building blocks for sequential circuit are flip flops..|
|6||Operation||Combinational circuit are mainly used for arithmetic as well as Boolean operations.||On other hand Sequential circuit is mainly used for storing data.|
- What is the difference between a combinational circuit and a sequential Circuit?
- Difference between Synchronous and Asynchronous Sequential Circuits
- Difference between Circuit switching and Message switching
- Difference between Circuit Switching and Packet Switching
- Differentiate between Circuit Switching, Message Switching, and Packet Switching
- Magnetic Circuit – Series and Parallel Magnetic Circuit
- Open Circuit and Short Circuit Test of Transformer
- Equivalent Circuit of an Induction Motor, Stator Circuit Model and Rotor Circuit Model
- Eulerian Path and Circuit
- Differentiate between Datagram Approach and Virtual Circuit in Computer Network.
- Parallel Circuit: Definition and Examples
- Short-Circuit Test and Open-Circuit Test on a Three-Winding Transformer
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.