- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Compounds such as alcohol and glucose also contain hydrogen but are not categorised as acids. Describe an activity to prove it.
Hydrogen(H+) is common to all acids.
Example: HCl, H2SO4, HNO3
An activity to prove compounds such as alcohol and glucose are not categorized as acids.
1. Take samples of alcohol, glucose, and hydrochloric acid.
2. Take 100 mL Beaker and a cork and fix the nails.
3. Place the cork inside the beaker and connect the nails to two terminals of a 6-volt battery through a bulb and a switch.
4. Add some hydrochloric acid to the beaker and on the current.
5. Repeat the procedure with alcohol and glucose
Observation: In the case of acid, the bulb will glow but in the case of alcohol and glucose, it does not glow because the electric current is carried through the solution by ions.
Conclusion: Acid ionizes to give H+ ions in an aqueous medium but glucose and alcohol do not furnish H+ ions even though they contain hydrogen atoms.
- STR_TO_DATE as column, but column not found?
- Prove that CFL is closed under union and star but not under intersection?
- What MySQL COALESCE() function returns if it has a blank, but not NULL, as the first argument?
- Why is Lord Hanuman also known as Bajrang Bali?
- Why is Greenland called as an island and not a continent?
- Program to add two binary strings, and return also as binary string in C++
- Construct a PDA that accepts (a,b)* language but not contain bbbb?
- How is it possible to store date such as February 30 in a MySQL date column?
- Why is Greenland called as island and not a continent?
- Why is it not recommended to use the mixture of quoted as well as unquoted values in MySQL IN() function’s list?
- Is there such thing as a SELECT with an IF/ELSE statement in MySQL?
- I find ragi bitter in taste. Are there any ways to consume it such that it does not taste bitter?
- What is ghostwriting and what are the job prospects if I embrace it as a career?
- Role of IT Professional as a Strategic Resource
- How different chemical compounds are separated from crude oil?