- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
An example of homologous organs is
(a) our arm and a dog's fore-leg
(b) our teeth and an elephant's tusks
(c) potato and runners of grass
(d) all of the above
Correct Answer: d ) All of the above.
All of the above have structurally similar and evolutionary same function/relation.
Homologous structures or traits have the same origin but can have different functions. The wings of a bird, a bat, and a pterosaur are all similar, but their forelimbs are the same, even though they have different functions. Divergent evolution is the opposite of convergence. This is when similar species change in ways that are different from each other.
The repeated evolution of flight is a good example. Flying insects, birds, pterosaurs, and bats all got the ability to fly on their own. Analogous features have similar functions and have come about through convergent evolution.
Parallel evolution is similar to convergent evolution. Parallel evolution happens when two different species evolve in the same direction and get similar traits. For example, gliding frogs have come from different types of tree frogs.
- Design a TM for an equal number of a’s and b’s must follow a
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Find four elements a, b, c and d in an array such that a+b = c+d in C++
- Design Turing Machine to reverse string consisting of a’s and b’s
- Sort an arrays of 0’s, 1’s and 2’s using C++
- How long does our past affect our habits and beliefs?
- Is it true that the color of our eyes indicates our health condition?
- Sort an arrays of 0’s, 1’s and 2’s using Java
- Is Google as good as our elders in terms of answering our doubts?
- 1’s and 2’s complement of a Binary Number?
- Given an example of C pointer addition and subtraction
- What is the role of language in our life?
- What is the significance of dreams in our life?
- What is the importance of religion in our lives?
- What is the Resolution of our Eyes in Megapixels?
- Is Quantum Computing changing the future of our world?