- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to build an ant file for a Java Eclipse project?
Follow the steps given below, to integrate Ant into Eclipse.
- Make sure that the build.xml is a part of your java project, and does not reside at a location that is external to the project.
- Enable Ant View by following Window > Show View > Other > Ant > Ant.
- Open Project Explorer, drag the build.xml into the Ant View.
Your Ant view looks similar to –
Clicking on the targets, build / clean / usage will run Ant with the target. Clicking "fax" will execute the default target - usage.
The Ant Eclipse plugin also comes with a good editor for editing build.xml files. The editor is aware of the build.xml schema and can assist you with code completion. To use the Ant editor, right click your build.xml (from the Project Explorer) and select Open with > Ant Editor. The Ant editor should look something similar to −
The Ant editor lists the targets on the right hand side. The target list serves as a bookmark that allows you to jump straight into editing a particular target.
- What is an Ant build in Java?
- How to find package explorer in Java eclipse project?
- How to add the JDBC MySQL driver to an Eclipse project?
- What is maven automatic build tool in Java eclipse projects?
- How to create a Cucumber project template using Maven in Eclipse?
- How to setup OpenCV Java with eclipse?
- How to build JCo server without using a Properties file in SAP?
- How to create a Feature file for Cucumber in Java?
- What is the best IDE for Java besides Eclipse?
- How to create a step definition file for Cucumber in Java?
- How to create a test runner file for Cucumber in Java?
- What is the Eclipse keyboard shortcut for "System.out.println()" in Java?
- Eclipse Setup for C++ Development
- How to convert a Kotlin source file to a Java source file?
- How to add a JSON string to an existing JSON file in Java?