- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
The StringBuffer and StringBuilder classes are used when there is a necessity to make a lot of modifications to Strings of characters.
Unlike Strings, objects of type StringBuffer and String builder can be modified over and over again without leaving behind a lot of new unused objects.
The StringBuilder class was introduced as of Java 5 and the main difference between the StringBuffer and StringBuilder is that StringBuilder’s methods are not thread safe (not synchronized).
It is recommended to use StringBuilder whenever possible because it is faster than StringBuffer. However, if the thread safety is necessary, the best option is StringBuffer objects.
- Difference between StringBuilder and StringBuffer in Java
- What is the difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder in java?
- What is the difference between a StringBuffer and StringBuilder in java?
- Java String, StringBuffer and StringBuilder Tutorial.
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- What is the difference between String, StringBuffer and StringBuilder classes in Java explain briefly?
- Difference between String and StringBuilder in C#
- Difference between string and StringBuffer in Java.
- Difference Between String and StringBuffer Class in Java
- Difference between String class and StringBuffer class in Java
- Differences between String and StringBuffer
- How can we compare a StringBuilder with StringBuffer in Java?
- Where to use a StringBuffer/StringBuilder than a String in Java?
- How to understand StringBuffer is thread-safe and StringBuilder is non-thread-safe in Java?
- What is the difference between a String object and a StringBuffer object in java?