- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Zinc sulphate forms a colourless solution in water. Will you observe any colour on adding copper turning in it?
There is no colour change on adding copper turning in zinc sulphate solution because copper is less reactive than zinc and it cannot displace zinc from its salt solution.
- Related Articles
- What would you observe on adding zinc granules to freshly prepared ferrous sulphate solution ? Give reason for your answer.
- What change in the colour of iron nails and copper sulphate solution you observe after keeping the iron nails dipped in copper sulphate solution for about 30 minutes.
- What changes in the colour of iron nails and copper sulphate solution do you observe after keeping the iron nails dipped in copper sulphate solution for about 30 minutes?
- What will happen if a strip of zinc is immersed in a solution of copper sulphate?
- Which of the following reactions will not occur? Why not?(a) Zinc Sulphate + Copper âÅ¾Â Copper Sulphate + Zinc(b) Copper Sulphate + Iron âÅ¾Â Iron Sulphate + Copper
- What would you observe when a strip of zinc is placed in copper sulphate solution? Write a word equation of the reaction which takes place.
- Why do the colour and solution of copper sulphate change when we take a solution of copper sulphate in a beaker and put an iron nail in it?
- Which of the following pairs cannot undergo displacement reaction?A. iron sulphate solution and magnesiumB. zinc sulphate solution and ironC. zinc sulphate solution and calciumD. silver nitrate solution and copper
- A piece of granulated zinc was dropped into copper sulphate solution. After some time, the colour of the solution changed from :(1)light green to blue(2)blue to colourless(3) light green to colourless(4)bule to yellow
- Why does the colour of copper sulphate solution change when an iron nail is kept immersed in it?
- Paheli prepared a blue coloured solution of copper sulphate in beaker A and placed an iron nail in it. Boojho prepared a yellowish-green solution of ferrous sulphate in beaker B and placed a copper wire in it. What changes will they observe in the two beakers after an hour?
- When a student put some copper turnings in a colourless solution, he observed that the solution gradually turned blue. The solution is most likely to be :(1) ferrous sulphate solution (2) magnesium nitrate solution (3) silver nitrate solution (4) copper sulphate solution
- Give reasons for the following:(a) Sodium and potassium are stored in kerosene.(b) Copper cannot displace zinc from its salt solution (zinc sulphate solution).
- (a) Arrange the following metals in the increasing order of their reactivities :Copper, Zinc, Aluminium and Iron(b) List two observations you would record in your notebook 30 minutes after adding iron filings to copper sulphate solution.
- Why does the colour of copper sulphate solution change when an iron nail is dipped into it?