- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Yamini and Fatima, two students of Class IX of a school, together contributed Rs. 100 towards the Prime Minister's Relief Fund to help the earthquake victims. Write a linear equation which satisfies this data. (You may take their contributions as $ Rs. x $ and Rs. y.) Draw the graph of the same.
Yamini and Fatima, two students of Class IX of a school, together contributed Rs. 100 towards the Prime Minister's Relief Fund to help the earthquake victims.
We have to write the linear equation which satisfies the given data.
According to the question,
Let Yamini's donation be $Rs.\ x$ and Fathima's donation be $Rs.\ y$.
The linear equation which satisfies the given data is,
We know that,
To draw a graph of a linear equation in two variables, we need at least two solutions to the given equation.
To find the solutions to the given equation $x+y=100$.
Let us substitute $x=0, 50, 100$ and $y=100, 50, 0$ in equation $x+y=100$
For $x=0$ and $y=100$
For $x=50$ and $y=50$
For $x=100$ and $y=0$
$(0, 100), (50, 50)$ and $(100, 0)$ are three solutions of the equation $x+y=100$.
The graph of the linear equation $x+y=100$ in two variables is,
- How to become a Prime Minister of India?
- What are the duties of a prime minister in Indian constitution?
- Has any school in the world ever tried to change the conventional way of educating students?
- What is the salary of Indian Prime Minister, and What other perks they get?
- What would you do if you were the Prime Minister of India?
- What are the Features of a Hedge Fund?
- What are the sources of fund in finance and accounting?
- The Pros and Cons of Investing in an Index Fund
- What is the Kellogg School of Management and how does it work?
- Which is the best air conditioner brand in the price range of Rs.30,000 to Rs.50,000 in India?
- Java program to print prime numbers below 100
- How can we capitalize only first letter of a string with the help of MySQL function/s?
- What are the duties of chief minister in Indian constitution?
- Maximum students to pass after giving bonus to everybody and not exceeding 100 marks in C++
- Compare hedge fund and exchange traded fund