- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Write the molecular formulae of all the compounds that can be formed by the combination of following ions Cu2+, Na+, Fe3+, Cl SO4 -2, PO4 -3
Compounds are formed by the combination of cation and anion.
By combining all the possible positive ions with negative ions, we get:
CuCl2/ CuSO4/ Cu3(PO4)2
NaCl/ Na2SO4/ Na3PO4
FeCl3/ Fe2(SO4)3 / FePO4
- Related Articles
- Write the molecular formula of the following compounds:
- Give the formulae of the compounds that would be formed by the combination of the following pairs of elements:(a) Mg and N2(b) Li and O2(c) Al and Cl2(d) K and H
- Give the formulae of the stable binary compounds that would be formed by the combination of the following pairs of elements.(a) Mg and N2(b) Li and O2(c) Al and Cl2(d) K and O2
- Can the following groups of elements be classified as Dobereiner’s triad?(a) Na, Si, Cl(b) Be, Mg, CaAtomic mass of Be 9; Na 23; Mg 24; Si 28; Cl 35; Ca 40 Explain by giving reason.
- (a) Give the general name of the class of compounds having the general formula CnH2n-2 Write the name of the first member of this homologous series.(b) The general formula of a homologous series of carbon compounds is CnH2n. Write the molecular formula of the second and fourth members of the series. (c) Write the molecular formulae of the third and fifth members of homologous series of carbon compounds represented by the general formula CnH2n+2.
- Name the following compounds. Also write he symbols/formulae of the ions present in them :(a) CuSO4(b) (NH4)2SO4(c) Na2O(d) Na2CO3(e) CaCl2
- Write the structural formulae of all the isomers of hexane.
- Write molecular, electronic and structural formulae of ethene.
- Write down the formulae for the following compounds :(a) Calcium oxide(b) Magnesium hydroxide
- Molecular compounds are usually formed by the combination between:a metal and a non-metaltwo different non-metalstwo different metalsany two gaseous elements
- Write the chemical formulae of the following compounds-1. Common salt.2. Copper sulphate.3. Hydrochloric acid.4. Nitric acid.5. Sodium carbonate.6. Nitrogen dioxide.
- Write the names of the following compounds"
- Can the following groups of elements be classified as Dobereiner's triads?(a) Na, Si, Cl (b) Be, Mg, Ca Give reason for your answer. (Atomic masses : Be 9 ; Na 23 ; Mg 24 ; Si 28 ; Cl 35.5 ; Ca 40)
- Write the smallest digit and the greatest digit in the blank space of each of the following numbers so that the number formed is divisible by 3 :(a) _ 6724 (b) 4765 _ 2
- Calculate the molecular masses of the following compounds:(a) Methanol, CH3OH(b) Ethanol, C2H5OH