- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Write any two properties of a magnet.
A magnet is a material that is capable of producing its own magnetic field and attracts magnetic materials such as nickel, cobalt, iron, etc.
Every magnet has two poles.
1. North pole
2. South pole
Properties of a magnet:
Attractive, repulsive, and directive properties are found in a magnet.
- Attractive Property$\rightarrow$
A magnet attracts ferromagnetic materials such as iron, cobalt, and nickel. When a metal piece is placed near a magnet, the magnet attracts the metallic piece. This shows the attractive property of a magnet. Unlike poles$(N-S\ or\ S-N)$ of two magnets attract each other.
- Repulsive Properties$\rightarrow$
Two like Magnetic poles repel each other and unlike magnetic poles attract each other. When a north pole of a magnet is placed near the north pole of another magnet, they repel each other. Similarly, two south poles of two magnets repel each other.
- Directive Property$\rightarrow$
A freely suspended magnet always points in a north-south direction. Compass is a good example of this property.
- What is a Permanent Magnet Stepper Motor?
- Properties of a Graph
- Write a Python code to find a cross tabulation of two dataframes
- How to write functions in Python that accept any number of arguments
- How to write a script to access document properties using IE4 DOM method?
- Match any string containing a sequence of two to three p's.
- Match any string containing a sequence of at least two p's.
- Write a Python code to select any one random row from a given DataFrame
- XOR of the path between any two nodes in a Binary Tree in C++