WordPress Security: Secure Your Site Against Hackers!
The Complete WordPress Security Course. From The Most Fundamental To The Most Advanced Up-To-Date Security Hacks
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2.5 hours
Fact: over 30,000 websites are hacked everyday. Fact: cybercrime costs the global economy over $450 billion. Fact: over 1.5 million WordPress sites were hacked in a single day this year due to a single vulnerability.
Don’t think website security isn’t important.
Cyber-criminals are out there using sophisticated software to scan the internet for any type of vulnerable website.
Hackers don’t care if your website is big, small, a non-profit, or profit making. A hacked website is worth money to them as they can either extort money from a website owner, or place links or code on the site to support some other type of criminal activity.
Online security is of paramount importance to every human being on this planet. This course is for everybody. There is very little use of technical terminology or advanced online procedures. Anyone with basic computer skills can protect any WordPress website by following this course.
The course starts with the two biggest causes of hacks on websites and shows you the simple and non-technical ways to protect yourself. The two biggest causes of hacks on WordPress websites are:
- easily guessed or stolen usernames and password
- out of date software
I show how to use secure and unguessable passwords that are different on every site.
I continue to explain how to ensure all the software that’s used to run your site, not only the WordPress software, is not only up-to-date but kept up-to-date. We also cover home directory and webroot hygiene as well as disabling directory listing and error reporting.
I then show how to set up and install the Wordfence Security plugin which will:
- protect a site with a cloud-based firewall
- scan your site everyday for known vulnerabilities and changes in the WordPress code
- block malicious IPs and requests
- and much more
I demonstrate how to set up and schedule back-ups. So if anything goes wrong in the future you can restore your site back to an early copy.
I then go on to explain step-by-step technical methods to really lock down a WordPress website.
Don’t think that online security doesn't matter to you. Your online security is as important as your physical security.
My name's Rob Cubbon and I have run a web and graphic design business for over a decade. I have built countless WordPress websites for myself and others.
However, I have been hacked!
This was a chastening experience. Not only was this attach to one of my websites extremely costly in terms of money and time, but I was also shocked at my ignorance of many website security procedures.
Online security, website security, and WordPress security are now topics I take extremely seriously. I want to prevent other people from having a similarly terrible experience.
What will you learn in this course:
- Find out the most common ways a WordPress website can get hacked and guard against them easily, cheaply and quickly
- Set up an automated strategy of scanning and backing-up so you are alerted to possible vulnerabilities, and so you can easily and quickly patch or restore your site if disaster strikes
- Learn how to secure and “lock-down” a WordPress website from hackers using a variety of technical tweaks
- Follow step-by-step instructions to install the free Wordfence Security plug-in
- Set up a powerful protective firewall on the cloud
- Block malicious IPs and block all attempted “brute-force” attacks
- Find out easy ways to update all software on the websites, as well as ensuring it stays up-to-date
- Learn the best practices of username and password management
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Only basic computer skills
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 03:49 03:49
Username and Password Security
Keeping Software Up-to-Date and Understanding Basic "Webroot Hygiene"
Wordfence security plugin
Extra WordPress Security Tasks – Really Lock Down Your Site
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now