- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Will the impact of removing all the organisms in a trophic level be different for different trophic levels? Can the organisms of any trophic level be removed without causing any damage to the ecosystem?
Removing the complete trophic level organisms will have a different impact on different trophic levels.
(i) If we remove producers (first trophic level organisms), it will affect herbivores as they will lack the food to consume. They will be starved and eventually died. This will affect all the organisms of the next trophic level thereby, disturbing carnivores also.
(ii) Instead, if we remove herbivores completely, carnivores will be starved and died, but the previous trophic level organisms that are producers will flourish and occupy complete earth in the absence of herbivores and carnivores.
(iii) If only carnivores are removed, the herbivores will increase in population. It will overgraze the producers which can cause desertification of the land.
The organisms of any of the trophic levels cannot be removed completely, as it will definitely cause an impact on the ecosystem. It will cause disturbance in the food web and create ecological imbalance.
The sequence of living organisms in a community in which one organism consumes other organisms to transfer food energy is called a food chain.
The simple food chain operating in grassland is:
- What are the different levels of Parallelism?
- Plot different colors for different categorical levels using matplotlib
- What are the different levels of Code Scheduling in computer architecture?
- What are the different ways the transaction can be executed(DBMS)?
- What are different levels of abstraction in Computer Architecture?
- What are the different ways for a method to be overloaded in C#?
- C++ Program to find out number of employees of different skill level to be transferred
- How can Tensorflow be used in the conversion between different string representations?
- What are the different states of a Process?
- What are the Different Phases of a Compiler?
- Program to find the maximum difference between the index of any two different numbers in C++
- Explain the different types of users who play different roles in DBMS?
- Explain the different types of books of accounts
- Find the shortest distance between any pair of two different good nodes in C++
- What are the different types of psychotherapy?
- What are the different shapes of galaxies?