- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why is there a need for conserving water? Give two reasons.
There is a need for conserving water because :
(i) The demand for water is increasing day–by–day with a rise in the population, but the amount of water available for use is very limited.
(ii) The level of groundwater is decreasing drastically, which would lead to extreme water scarcity in the near future.
Careful and economical use of water and avoiding its wastage is called conservation of water. It includes all the activities, policies, and strategies to sustainably manage fresh water. It means using less water and recycling used water so that it can be used again.
Given below are some suggestions for conserving water:
- To practice the '4Rs' of water conservation: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Replenish.
- Planting trees: Trees and forests help in causing rainfall. So to conserve water, we should plant more and more trees.
- Rainwater harvesting: by collecting rainwater in tanks and ponds or by constructing check dams.
- Reforestation: as forests and other vegetation cover slow the surface runoff and replenish groundwater.
- Use only the required quantity of water during washing and cleaning purposes.
- Fix drips by replacing worn-out tap washers.
- When farming, use better methods of irrigation like the drip method for the conservation of water.
- Why is water management important for us?
- Give 5 reasons why should I quit non-veg and be a vegan?
- Why is software testing a need today?
- Reasons for a C++ program crash
- Why do we need a Database
- Is there a need to import Java.lang package while running Java programs?
- What Is a Firewall and Why Do You Need One?
- 10 Reasons why you should Learn Python
- Is drinking salty water good for health?
- Why do we need to change the delimiter for creating a trigger?
- Why do we need KDD?
- Why are there two Irelands? What are they called independently?
- Reasons why some blogs dont get more visitors
- What is BGP and why do we need it?
- Why do we need a separate Data Warehouse?
- The Best Reasons for Facebook Passion