- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why is improper disposal of waste a curse to environment?
Improper disposal of waste is harmful to the environment because it causes air, water, and soil pollution, thereby causing harmful effects on living organisms.
For example, the mixing of sewage water into potable water bodies causes eutrophication, dying of animals, and causes growth of water-borne pathogens.
It is possible to reduce the problems relating to the disposal of garbage, by adopting the following means:
- The garbage should be thrown in proper places. It should not be thrown ‘ on streets, roads, parks, etc.
- The part of the garbage that can be reused should be separated from the one that cannot be used. The non-useful components should be disposed of at landfill areas.
- By following the rule of the Three R’s:
- Reduce: Use the things in a minimum amount that is necessary to fulfill your requirement.
- Recycle: The things such as plastic, paper, glass, and metals separated from the garbage may be recycled to make new things instead of dumping them along with other wastes.
- Reuse: It means the use of things again and again. For example, plastic bottles of jam or pickles can be used for storing things in the kitchen.
Along with government and local municipality corporations, it is also the duty of every citizen to help with garbage disposal. A clean environment is necessary to keep us healthy and also to avoid the spread of diseases. One should throw garbage in proper places, such as dustbins so that Safai Karamcharis can collect the garbage easily.]
- Related Articles
- We often observe domestic waste decomposing in the bylanes of residential colonies. Suggest ways to make people realize that the improper disposal of waste is harmful to the environment.
- Effects of Waste Disposal
- Name the various modes of waste disposal.
- Why is it necessary to excrete waste products?
- Why is it necessary to conserve our environment?
- Explain why there is no waste in a forest.
- How does a biodegradable waste differ from a non-biodegradable waste? Give two examples of non-biodegradable wastes which pollute our environment.
- Explain why, the disposal of plastic wastes is a major problem. Give two reasons only.
- Is it possible to use recycled plastic waste for road building and if so, will it substantially absorb plastic waste from the environment?
- Which of the following activities does not reflect responsible behaviour with regard to waste disposal?(a) Goods carried m paper bags or cloth bags.(b) Waste collected in polythene bags for disposal.(c) Waste separated into those that degrade and those that do not.(d) Making handicrafts with used up notebooks.
- Discuss:(a) Is garbage disposal the responsibility only of the government?(b) Is it possible to reduce the problems relating to disposal of garbage?
- A man travelling in a train threw an empty packet of food on the platform. Do you think this is a proper waste disposal method? Elaborate.
- How To Multiply a Improper Fraction ???
- If all the waste we generate is biodegradable, will this have no impact on the environment?
- Why different animals live in a different environment?