- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why does a magnetic compass needle pointing North and South in the absence of a nearby magnet get deflected when a bar magnet or a current carrying loop is brought near it. Describe some salient features of magnetic lines of field concept.
A compass needle gets deflected when brought near a bar magnet because the needle of a compass is a magnet, which experiences a magnetic field exerted by the bar magnet.
$(i)$. The magnetic field lines represent the magnetic field around the magnetic substance or current-carrying conductor with direction and magnitude.
$(ii)$. The magnetic field lines emerge from the North pole and merge at the South pole in a closed curve.
$(iii)$. The strong magnetic field indicates that the degree of closeness of the field lines is high.
$(iv)$. Two magnetic field lines can never intersect each other.
$(v)$. A uniform magnetic field in a region is indicated by the parallel and equidistant field lines in a given region whereas converging or diverging field lines indicate the non-uniform magnetic field.
- What is a Permanent Magnet Stepper Motor?
- Permanent Magnet DC (PMDC) Motor – Construction, Working, and Speed Control
- Magnetic Field around a Current Carrying Conductor
- Force on a Current Carrying Conductor in a Magnetic Field
- Implement a MongoDB $cond field in a projection pipeline based on the presence or absence of a field?
- When does a NullPointerException get thrown in java?
- When does a Java Array Throws a NullPointerException?
- Get a specific field of the current type C#
- Why does cleaning a computer matter?
- PHP – Find the last occurrence of a needle within a haystack using the iconv_strrpos() function
- PHP – iconv_strpos() function – Find the position of the first occurrence of a needle in a haystack
- Get a specific interface implemented or inherited by the current Type in C#
- If you dig a hole in the south pole are you digging up or down?
- Energy Stored in a Magnetic System
- Program to check if number of compass usage to get out of a maze is enough in Python
- How to get the current value of a particular row from a database using JDBC?