- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why does a block of plastic released under water come up to the surface of water?
A block of plastic released under water comes up to the surface of the water.
To explain the reason why a block of plastic released under water come up to the surface of the water.
A block of plastic released under water comes up to the surface of the water. Let us find the possible reason why an object comes up to the surface or sinks-
Reason for coming up to the surface:
When an object is immersed in a fluid such as water, two force acts on the object.
1. Buoyant force by the water upwards
2. Weight of the body downwards
If the buoyant force is greater than the weight then the object will come up to the surface.
If the buoyant force is less than the weight, then the object will sink.
From the above explanation, now we can conclude that a block of plastic released under water come up to the surface of the water because the weight of the block of plastic is not heavier than the weight of an equivalent volume of water. In other words, we can state that when a block of plastic is totally submerged in water, the upward buoyant force on it is more than the gravitational force on it downward. Consequently, the plastic block comes up to the surface of the water when it is released underwater.
- Can the new Edible water bottle replace plastic bottles in the future?
- Types of Electric Water Heater (Plate Heater, Immersion Water Heater, Geyser)
- How to purify water at home without a water purifying machine?
- Why is water management important for us?
- How does the water inside a clay pot get cold?
- In what ways hot water is better over cold water to drink?
- Why do our eyes water when we cut onions?
- Why a living person sinks and a dead person floats in water?
- What are the health benefits of drinking jeera water daily?
- What are the health benefits of rice water for babies?
- Minimum Number of Taps to Open to Water a Garden in C++
- Trapping Rain Water in Python
- Find amount of water wasted after filling the tank in C++
- Program to check if water tank overflows when n solid balls are dipped in the water tank in C++
- Water on Mars. Is Life next?
- Container With Most Water in Python