- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do acids not show acidic behaviour in the absence of water?
The acidic behaviour of acid is due to the presence of hydrogen ions formed in water. Acids do not show acidic character in the absence of water as the dissociation of hydrogen ions from an acid occurs in the presence of water only.
[Extra information: An acid is a molecule or substance that has a pH value of less than 7.0 when it is present in an aqueous solution. The term acid is derived from the Latin word acere which means sour.
Acids react with Bases to give Salt and Water. The Word Reaction is given as Acid + Base --> Salt + Water.
An acid is a molecule or ion capable of donating a proton, or, alternatively, capable of forming a covalent bond with an electron pair. It turns blue litmus paper to red. Acid is a substance that contains hydrogen ions (H+). It do not give colour with phenolphthalein indicator and do not absorb carbon dioxide gas. Also, acids do not react with ammonium salt.
Natural Acids are the acids that occur in nature, such as acids present in fruits. Acids are generally found in Vinegar, Curd, Spinach, lemons, Citrus fruits, Amla, Tamarind, grapes, unripe mangoes, Citrus fruits such as oranges, etc.]
- Why SHOW DBS does not show my databases in MongoDB?
- Why do our eyes water when we cut onions?
- Why is water management important for us?
- Do Muslim women apply sindoor? If not, why?
- Why we do not have global variables in C#?
- Why there is not do...while loop in Python?
- How do working with acids can have a bad effect on the nervous system?
- How to set what browsers will show that do not support the ruby element?
- What are the Factors Affecting Consumer Behaviour?
- Why do our eyelashes and eyebrows does not grow continuously?
- Undefined Behaviour in C and C++
- Behaviour of a COBOL-DB2 program when number of locks exceed the limit
- Why a living person sinks and a dead person floats in water?
- How do I show the schema of a table in a MySQL database?
- Types of Electric Water Heater (Plate Heater, Immersion Water Heater, Geyser)