- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why could you not use an elastic measuring tape to measure distance? What would be some of the problems you would meet in telling someone about a distance you measured with such a tape?
An elastic tape should not be used:
An elastic tape is made up of elastic. Elastic is a stretchable object, so the length of the elastic tape will change each time due to its elasticity and that would make it difficult to measure the distance.
Problems found with elastic tape:
An elastic tape should not be used to measure the length. If we try to measure the distance with the help of a tape made up of elastic material then the following problems are found:
1. While measuring a distance we have to tell someone how much tape is drawn which is difficult to measure. This leads to wrong measurements.
2. We cannot manually measure how much the tape is stretched.
3. If you measure the length of an object twice using an elastic tape, you may get different values of the same length each time. This is because elastic tapes are stretchable.
- Related Articles
- Who invented the tape measure or measuring tape?
- If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
- If you could use any source of energy for heating your food, which one would you use and why?
- Why would you use the return statement in Python?
- What Is Azure Machine Learning, And Why Would You Use It?
- How would you measure the speed of a ball rolling on a floor ?
- While developing an iOS application you might have got a scenario where you require to send a text message and you would be baffling around with Why? How? And What?
- List any three reasons why you would think that you are sick and ought to see a doctor. If only one of these symptoms were present, would you still go to the doctor? Why or why not?
- What steps would you suggest for the judicious use of fuels?
- What would you do if you were made a superhero for a day?
- If you run a magnet over paper pins, what would you observe?
- What would you do if you were the Prime Minister of India?
- (a) What would you expect the pH of pure water to be?(b) What colour would the universal indicator show in an aqueous solution of sugar? Why?(c) A sample of rain water turned universal indicator paper yellow. What would you expect its pH to be? Is it a strong or a weak acid?
- What advice would you like to give to a teenager?
- Would you be able to check whether water is hard by using a detergent? Why?