- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why can a pace or a footstep not be used as a standard unit of length?
A pace or a footstep cannot be a standard unit of length:
A pace or a footstep cannot be used as a standard unit of length due to differences in the size of body parts. A footstep or a pace can be used as our own units for convenience. But internationally such types of units for measurement are not allowed.
SI units of measurement:
Some standards have been set to measure physical quantities. These are called SI units. SI units are internationally accepted units. It stands for 'System International'.
Example of SI units of measurement:
Mass can be measured in grams, kilograms, tons, etc. But the SI unit of mass is kg. Similarly, the length can be measured in meters, kilometers, miles, etc. But its SI unit is a meter.
SI units of measurement for physical quantities:
In 1939, the CCE recommended the adoption of Internation units and got approval. The SI units are sometimes also known as MKS units $(meter, kilogram, and second)$.
SI units for measuring length, mass, and time are as follows:
Name of the Physical quantity
SI unit symbol
- Why can't 'kotlin.Result' be used as a return type?
- Why cannabis used as a medicine?
- Program to check a number can be written as a sum of distinct factorial numbers or not in Python
- Can a Java array be declared as a static field, local variable or a method parameter?
- Program to check n can be shown as sum of k or not in Python
- Why is Greenland called as island and not a continent?
- Why do we have a different time zones and why GMT is considered as the standard?
- Can a number be used to name a MySQL table column?
- Should I use a loop or 'OR' operator to query a bunch of stuff at a fast pace In MYSQL?
- How a WhatsApp call can be used for surveillance?
- How can I get the length of a single unit on an axis in Matplotlib?
- Program to check n can be represented as sum of k primes or not in Python
- Why is Greenland called as an island and not a continent?
- Python Pandas - Round a DateTimeIndex with frequency as multiples of a single unit
- Check if a number can be expressed as a^b in C++
- Check if a number can be expressed as a^b in Python