- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which one of the following places is unlikely to be affected by a cyclone?
$(ii)$. Mangaluru (Mangalore)
The correct answer is $(iii)$. Amritsar
Given places are: $(i)$. Chennai, $(ii)$. Mangaluru $(Mangalore)$, $(iii)$. Amritsar, $(iv)$. Puri
Cyclones affect only coastal areas. Coastal areas are those which are located along the seashore.
There are nine coastal states in India as follows-
Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, and West Bengal.
The following places are likely to be affected by a cyclone:
- Chennai is a coastal city in the state of Tamil Nadu and is situated on the coromandel coast of the Bay of Bengal.
- Mangaluru $(Mangalore)$ is a coastal city in Karnataka located between the Arabian sea and the Western Ghats.
- Puri is a coastal city in Odisha situated on the Bay of Bengal.
Among the given places, only Amritsar is located far away from the sea. So, Amritsar is not a coastal area. Therefore, Amritsar is unlikely to be affected by a cyclone.
So, option $(iii)$ is correct.
- What places should I visit in Amritsar?
- What are the best tourist places in Chennai?
- Which PHP function is used to give the number of rows affected by MySQL query?
- Which of the following areas data mining technology can be applied?
- Which are the states in India affected by Naxalites? And why?
- Of the following three phenomena, which one best describes "Paradigm Shift"?
- Which one is good to be fit Jogging, Gym or Yoga?
- Why is Bhangarh one of the most haunted places in India?
- Which one is better in between pass by value or pass by reference in C++?
- How can we get the total number of rows affected by MySQL query?
- How to use unlikely () in Android sqlite?
- Two Sum IV - Input is a BST in C++
- Write a program in C++ to check if a string can be obtained by rotating another string by two places
- Write a program in Java to check if a string can be obtained by rotating another string by 2 places
- MySQL command-line tool: How to find out number of rows affected by a DELETE?