- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which one of the following diseases is caused by protozoans?
Correct Answer: (a) Malaria
Plasmodium, a microscopic-single celled protozoan organism, is responsible for causing malaria. The female Anopheles mosquito is the carrier of Plasmodium and spreads malaria from one person to another. Plasmodium reproduces by the asexual method of reproduction known as multiple fission.
- Related Articles
- Which one of the following is not a bacterial disease?(a) Cholera(b) Tuberculosis(c) Anthrax(d) Influenza
- The sexually transmitted disease which is caused by bacteria is:(a) malaria (b) diarrhoea (c) gonorrhoea (d) AIDS
- Which one of the following disease is caused by bacteria?(a) Typhoid(b) Anthrax(c) Tuberculosis(d) Malaria
- Which one of the following is not a viral disease?(a) Dengue(b) AIDS(c) Typhoid(d) Influenza
- If you live in a overcrowded and poorly ventilated house, it is possible that you may suffer from which of the following diseases.(a) Cancer(b) AIDS(c) Air borne diseases(d) Cholera
- Name two diseases caused by Protozoans. What are their causal organisms?
- Is Influenza caused by flu?
- Which one of the following disease is not transmitted by mosquito?(a) Brain fever(b) Malaria(c) Typhoid(d) Dengue
- AIDS is a deadly disease which is caused by:(a) a protozoan (b) a fungus (c) a bacterium (d) a virus
- Which of the following is not a sexually transmitted disease?(a) gonorrhoea (b) hepatitis (c) syphilis (d) AIDS
- The micro-organism which reproduces by multiple fission is the one which causes the disease known as:(a) Kala-azar (b) marasmus (c) malaria (d) amoebiasis
- A, B and C are three common STDs. A and C are caused by bacteria whereas B is caused by a virus D. The virus D reduces the immunity of the infected person to such a low level that the person can die of even very mild diseases.(a) What could A and C be? (b) What is B? (c) Name the virus D? (d) How can A, B and C be caused? (e) Out of A, B and C, which one does not have a definite cure as yet?
- Give two examples for each of the following.(a) Acute diseases(b) Chronic diseases(c) Infectious diseases(d) Non-infectious diseases
- Which disease is not transmitted by mosquitoes?(a) Dengue(b) Malaria(c) Brain fever or encephalitis(d) Pneumonia
- Multiple fission occurs in one of the following. This is:(a) bread mould (b) kala-azar parasite (c) flatworm (d) malaria parasite