- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of these is not related to endoplasmic reticulum?
(a) It behaves as transport channel for proteins between nucleus and cytoplasm
(b) It transports materials between various regions in cytoplasm
(c) It can be the site of energy generation
(d) It can be the site for some biochemical activities of the cell.
Correct Answer: (c) It can be the site of energy generation
The endoplasmic reticulum is a network of membranous tubules found within the cytoplasm of a eukaryotic cell, continuous with the nuclear membrane.
It is a continuous membrane system that forms a series of flattened sacs within the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells and serves multiple functions, such as protein and lipid synthesis, folding, modification, and transport of proteins. It usually has ribosomes attached and is involved in protein and lipid synthesis.
The endoplasmic reticulum is a type of cell organelle made up of two subunits –
the rough endoplasmic reticulum, and smooth endoplasmic reticulum.
- What is MySQL trigger and triggering events related to it?
- What is MySQL event and how it is related to trigger?
- Is it possible for a politically funded media channel to avoid yellow journalism?
- What is ionic and how is it related with HTML5?
- What is the Keltner Channel, and how does it work?
- What is Profit Planning and how is it related to Finance Function?
- What is B-tree and explain the reasons for using it (DBMS)?
- What is an A-B Trust and how does it work?
- How it is possible to insert a zero or an empty string into a MySQL column which is defined as NOT NULL?
- Is it good to dream? How is your success related to your dreams?
- When is plt.Show() required to show a plot and when is it not?
- Python a += b is not always a = a + b
- Role of IT Professional as a Strategic Resource
- Is it possible to update a CURSOR in which we have used JOIN on 2 tables ORDERS and TRANSACTIONS? Why or Why not? How can we proceed to UPDATE any of these tables?