- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following methods is suitable for preventing an iron frying pan from rusting?
- Applying grease
- Applying paint.
- Applying a coating of zinc
- All the above.
Correct Answer: (c) Applying a coating of zinc
Explanation: The most suitable method for preventing an iron frying pan from rusting is applying a coat of zinc. This is called galvanization. Grease and paint are also used to prevent rusting from iron.
[Extra information: Rust is an iron oxide, a usually reddish-brown oxide formed by the reaction of iron and oxygen. The terms "rust" and "rusting" only mean oxidation of iron and its resulting products. (so a new substance is formed as iron changes to iron ore.)
The nature of rust changes with time, reflecting the slow rates of the reactions of solids. (so the change is irreversible)
Rusting is an oxidation reaction. The iron reacts with water and oxygen to form hydrated iron(III) oxide, which we see as rust. (On reversing the Reaction, we don't get back the original substance/permanent change).]
- Prove the equalities of regular expressions by applying properties?
- Applying MinFilter on an image using Pillow library
- Applying MaxFilter on an image using Pillow library
- Applying ModeFilter on an image using Pillow library
- Applying MedianFilter on an image using Pillow library
- Applying Opacity to Images using CSS3
- Applying Gaussian Blur to an image using the Pillow library
- Applying Box Blur to an image using the Pillow library
- Applying rank filter to an image using the Pillow library
- Applying Hue Rotation on Image using CSS3
- Applying Sepia Effect to Images using CSS3
- Accumulate the result of applying the operator to all elements in Numpy
- Maintain Image Quality When Applying CSS Transform & Scale
- Applying Variable on calculated column in SAP HANA Modeling view