- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following materials did people use in ancient times for making clothes?
(a) (i) and (ii)
- Leaves of trees
- Metal foils
- Animal skins and furs
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (i) and (iv)
Correct answer: (d) (i) and (iv)
Explanation: In ancient times, people used the bark and leaves of trees, the skin and fur of animals to cover their bodies.
Newspapers and metal foils were not available in those times.
Fibres are thread-like structures that are long, thin and flexible. These may be spun into yarns and then made into fabrics. There can be different types of fibres. On the basis of their origin, fibres are classified as natural fibres and synthetic fibres.
Natural fibres- Natural fibres are the fibres that are obtained from plants, animals or mineral sources. Some examples are cotton, silk, wool etc.
Natural fibres can again be divided into two types -
a. Plant fibres- plant fibres are fibres that are derived from plants. Eg. Cotton and Jute.
b. Animal fibres- Animal fibres are fibres derived from animals. Eg. Silk is derived from cocoons of silkmoth and Wool is derived from hairs of sheep and goats.
- Materials Used for Heating Elements and the Causes of their Failure
- What did the Indus Valley people trade?
- Which out of The Times of India and The Hindu is a better newspaper?
- Which datatype should I use for flag in MySQL?
- When did people start using edible oils for cooking food? How did people cook food before edible oils are introduced to human food?
- In which year did the first war of Indian Independence take place?
- Which of the following areas data mining technology can be applied?
- Ancient Technology you never heard of!
- Get the total number of leaves of a JTree in Java?
- Of the following three phenomena, which one best describes "Paradigm Shift"?
- What are the six systems of Ancient Indian Philosophy?
- Which datatype is should I use to set a column for 5-star rating?
- Print all the sum pairs which occur maximum number of times in C++
- What are the different types of stylish bottoms for women which I may not know of?
- Engage a team of people and improve a blog post