- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following lenses would you prefer to use while reading small letters found in a dictionary?
(a) A convex lens of focal length 50 cm.
(b) A concave lens of focal length 50 cm.
(c) A convex lens of focal length 5 cm.
(d) A concave lens of focal length 5 cm.
The correct answer is $(c)$. A convex lens of focal length 5 cm.
Letters found in the dictionary are too small to read. For magnification, a lens can be used as a lens that will help to read small letters found in the dictionary.
Choosing the right lens:
A convex lens will be preferred for reading small letters found in the dictionary as compared to a concave lens.
A convex lens of a focal length of 5 cm will be preferred because a convex lens of a shorter focal length gives more magnification which makes it easy to read small letters found in the dictionary. When an object is placed between the radius of curvature of a convex lens and its focal length, its magnified image is obtained.
Therefore, a convex lens of the focal length of $5\ cm$ will be preferable for reading small letters in a dictionary.
A concave lens can't be used for reading too small letters found in a dictionary as it gives a diminished image.
So, option $(c)$ is correct.
- C Program for focal length of a lens
- The focal length of a spherical mirror in Python Program
- Python Program for the focal length of a spherical mirror
- Java Program for focal length of a spherical mirror
- Find FIRST & FOLLOW for the following Grammar. S → A a A | B b B A → b B B → ε
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Which one do you prefer gym or exercising outdoor?
- 8085 program to implement the following function (a*b) + (c*d)
- Find the multiple of x which is closest to a^b in C++
- Larger of a^b or b^a in C++
- Why would you use the return statement in Python?
- What would you do if you were made a superhero for a day?
- Which function is a synonym of MySQL LENGTH() function?
- How to convert the string representation of a dictionary to a dictionary in python?
- Write a C program to calculate the average word length of a sentence using while loop
- How does a Lens antenna work?