- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following is not a natural fibre?
Correct answer: (c) Nylon
Explanation: Nylon is a synthetic fibre manufactured in factories using chemicals. Nylon is the first fully synthetic fibre. It was prepared from coal, water and air. It is very strong, elastic and light. Nylon fibres are even stronger than rayon fibres. They produce a stronger, more smooth fabric which is elastic and abrasion-resistant. It is very easy to wash and used for making a variety of things like socks, ropes, bags, curtains, parachutes etc.
Cotton, jute and flax are natural plant fibres.
Fibres are thread-like structures that are long, thin and flexible. These may be spun into yarns and then made into fabrics. There can be different types of fibres.
On the basis of their origin, fibres are classified as natural fibres and synthetic fibres.
Natural fibres- Natural fibres are the fibres that are obtained from plants, animals or mineral sources. Some examples are cotton, silk, wool etc.
Synthetic fibres- Synthetic fibres are man-made fibres designed to make fabrics.
Eg. Nylon and Rayon
- What is Fibre Optic Cable?
- Which of the following areas data mining technology can be applied?
- Of the following three phenomena, which one best describes "Paradigm Shift"?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Fibre optic Cable?
- What the advantages of being a natural beauty?
- Why is conservation of natural resources important?
- What is following-sibling in Selenium?
- Which is the fastest implementation of Python
- How to sort MySQL output on the basis of the column which is not in the result set?
- Find maximum N such that the sum of square of first N natural numbers is not more than X in Python
- Find maximum N such that the sum of square of first N natural numbers is not more than X in C++
- Construct a Predictive Parsing table for the following grammar & also check whether string id + id * id is accepted or not.
- Sum of first N natural numbers which are divisible by X or Y
- Write a single MySQL query to return the ID from the corresponding row which is a NOT NULL value
- Difference between Optical fibre and Coaxial cable
- What is the natural diet to treat anaemia?