- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following can be used to form a real image?
$(a)$. Concave mirror only.
$(b)$. Plane mirror only.
$(c)$. Convex mirror only.
$(d)$. Both concave and convex mirrors.
Only a concave mirror can form a real image.
So, option $(a)$ is correct.
- Related Articles
- An erect and enlarged image can be formed by$(a)$. only a convex mirror.$(b)$. only a concave mirror.$(c)$. only a plane mirror.$(d)$. both convex and concave mirrors.
- The mirror which can form a magnified image of an object is:(a) convex mirror (b) plane mirror (c) concave mirror (d) both convex and concave mirror
- Which mirror can produce a virtual, erect, and magnified image of an object?(a) Concave mirror(b) Convex mirror(c) Plane mirror(d) Both concave and convex mirror
- If the image formed is always virtual, the mirror can be:(a) concave or convex (b) concave or plane (c) convex or plane (d) only convex
- You are provided with a convex mirror, a concave mirror, a convex lens and a concave lens. You can get an inverted image from$(a)$. both concave lens and convex lens.$(b)$. both concave mirror and convex mirror.$(c)$. both concave mirror and convex lens.$(d)$. both convex mirror and concave lens.
- No matter how far you stand from a mirror, your image appears erect. The mirror is likely to be$(a)$ only plane.$(b)$ only concave.$(c)$ only convex.$(d)$ either plane or convex.
- You are provided with a concave mirror, a convex mirror, a concave lens and a convex lens. To obtain an enlarged image of an object you can use either$(a)$. concave mirror or convex mirror.$(b)$. concave mirror or convex lens.$(c)$. concave mirror or concave lens.$(d)$. concave lens or convex lens.
- A perging mirror is:(a) a plane mirror (b) a convex mirror (c) a concave mirror (d) a shaving mirror
- Which of the following can form a virtual image which is always smaller than the object?(a) a plane mirror (b) a convex lens(c) a concave lens (d) a concave mirror
- The laws of reflection hold true for :(a) plane mirrors only (b) concave mirrors only(c) convex mirrors only (d) all reflecting surfaces
- According to New Cartesian Sign Convention:(a) focal length of concave mirror is positive and that of convex mirror is negative(b) focal length of both concave and convex mirrors is positive(c) focal length of both concave and convex mirrors is negative(d) focal length of concave mirror is negative and that of convex mirror is positive
- The image formed by a spherical mirror is virtual. The mirror will be:(a) concave (b) convex (c) either concave or convex (d) metallic
- A virtual image larger than the object can be produced by a (i) concave lens (ii) concave mirror (iii) convex mirror (iv) plane mirror
- Boojho and Paheli were given one mirror each by their teacher. Boojho found his image to be erect and of the same size whereas Paheli found her image erect and smaller in size. This means that the mirrors of Boojho and Paheli are, respectively$(a)$. plane mirror and concave mirror.$(b)$. concave mirror and convex mirror.$(c)$. plane mirror and convex mirror.$(d)$. convex mirror and plane mirror.
- A real image of an object is to be obtained. The mirror required for this purpose is:(a) convex (b) concave (c) plane (d) either convex or concave