- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which is better - a smartwatch or a fitness band?
From the design and features perspective, we have witnessed a drastic change in both the devices over the period. So, let's discuss what new they have to offer and how can they make a difference in our lives.
Importance of Screen
A plethora of fitness bands are available out there and some of them come with a screen while the rest without it. But both look fetching. Most of the fitness bands feature a monochrome screen where you can get the basic notifications for current time, battery, fitness statics and support.
On the contrary, a screen was always pivotal in smartwatches. A smartwatch features a colored touchscreen, which displays your fitness data, weather updates, and other notifications. Most importantly, you get a wide and stylish variety of watch faces. You can decide whether you need a full screen or mere a basic display with statics can do for you. Both have their own pros and cons.
Fitness bands can give you its services up to 5 days. Some bands like Xiaomi do not have a display, thus it gives the battery life for 45 days on a single charge. Garmin’s fitness band claims to give 1 whopping year’s battery life along with fitness tracking.
Battery life is a major concern for smartwatches. Even the battery of the best smartwatch doesn’t run for more than 4 days. Smartwatches offer more features and touchscreen display; therefore, consumes more battery.
A fitness band comes with two Sensors-1. Accelerometer 2. Gyroscope. Some advanced ones also feature heart rate sensors and an Altimeter. If you want to focus only on fitness then a fitness band would be a wise choice.
There are some additional sensors including light sensors and a magnetometer other than basic ones in smartwatches. Some watches have IR Blaster as well. Your prime fitness data including your steps, distance, and sleep can be measured on any device with the help of basic sensors. If you want a better experience then a smartwatch should be your pick.
They run on a basic software, which displays your current data with numbers. This data is wirelessly synced with a companion smartphone app where you can view the data in a graphical format. This means you must sync it with your smartphone if you want to optimize it.
On the contrary, companion and standalone operating systems are available for smartwatches and each one of them has a set of features. The functions of your smartwatch like how does it analyze fitness, show notifications and allow an additional app to be installed, largely depend on your OS and they might vary OS to OS. However, the output will be the same.
The price of a Fitness Band ranges from ₹ 999 to ₹ 20,000. If you do not want to invest much, the entry level Xiaomi Fitness Band can be a good option. If money does not matter for you then you can go for Fitbit Alta HR.
With a custom OS, the price of smartwatches starts from ₹ 1499 and goes to Lakhs. All depends on the variant of the watch. But ensure its compatibility with your existing smartphone before buying.
Have A Smart Approach Ahead!! 👍👍👍👍
- Which is better - Hike or Whatsapp?
- Which is a better destination for holidays- Coorg or Mussoorie?
- Which is a better branch of engineering, Mech or Ece?
- Which is better PHP SOAP or NuSOAP?
- Canva or Adobe Spark: Which is better?
- Which Storage drive is better, SSD or HDD?
- Which out of paytm or free charge is better?
- Which one is better POW() or POWER() in MySQL?
- Which is better System.String or System.Text.StringBuilder classes in C#?
- Which is better for thumbnails – Canva or Picmaker?
- Which out of leopard spots or zebra stripes is a better fashion statement?
- Which one is better in MySQL - NULL or empty string?
- Which is better front loading or top loading washing machine?
- Which one is better Build, Rebuild, or Clean in C#?
- Which oil is better for cooking, mustard oil or coconut oil?