- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which city of India is called the city of dreams and why?
Mumbai, the capital city of Maharashtra is called the “city of dreams” or “Mayanagri” as they call. It has gained this epithet over the years not just because it offers limitless opportunities for the Indian citizens across the states, but also for people across the borders. Here’s why Mumbai is called the city of dreams.
Commercial Center of India
Mumbai is the richest cities in the world and the richest city in India. From the Reserve Bank of India, National Stock Exchange or the Bombay Stock Exchange to the biggest Indian business houses like the Reliance Industries, Tata Group or the Aditya Birla Group, most of the financial institutions have their headquarters here.
The Bollywood Bling and the Largest Film City in India
From several film studios and the television industry to some of the biggest film stars like Amitabh Bachchan or Shahrukh Khan, the Bollywood star bling is unmatchable.
From the historic Gateway of India or the landmark Haji Ali Dargah located on the sea to the gleaming Queen’s Necklace or the recent architectural wonder, the Bandra-Worli sea link, Mumbai is a perfect example of splendid architecture.
Heaven for Migrants
Being the economic hub of India, there’s something for all in this city. From a small business or medium-sized business to different career option including Bollywood exposure, there are opportunities galore in this city.
City of Riches and Great Success Stories
Mumbai is about rags to riches and biggest success stories. From Dhirubhai Ambani, Sachin Tendulkar to Amitabh Bachchan, Mumbai is home to legends.
- Related Articles
- Which is the most polluted city in India now?
- Delhi - The Worst Polluted City in India
- Thomas covers a total distance of 1056 km from city A to city C through city B. If the distance from city A to city B is 543.7 km, find the distance between city B and city C.Express the answer as a decimal.
- Which city is best for a Six Sigma Black Belt holders in India?
- The Tale of Melon City
- What's the best city in India to watch a movie?
- Why the President and the governor of India is called a puppet of the ministry?
- Which of the city out of A, B, C, D has the highest population?"\n
- The temperature of a city is 4 degree Celsius. Next day the temperature falls by 5 degree Celsius. What is the temperature of the city next day?
- A Population Of A City Is 56,78,981 In The Year 2005.If The Population Of The City Has Become 98,76,005 Now, What Is The Increase In The Population
- Why does the city's air quality deteriorate after Diwali?
- Application of Internet of Things (IoT) in smart city
- How to get the longitude and latitude of a city using Python?
- Take the data giving the minimum and the maximum temperature of various cities given in the beginning of this Chapter (Table 3.1). Plot a double bar graph using the data and answer the following:$(i)$. Which city has the largest difference in the minimum and maximum temperature on the given date?$(ii)$. Which is the hottest city and which is the coldest city?$(iii)$. Name two cities where maximum temperature of one was less than the minimum temperature of the other.$(iv)$. Name the city which has the least difference between its minimum and themaximum temperature.
- Why does any government start makeover of cities when they have foreign delegates visiting the city?