- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which characteristic of the sound helps you to identify your friend by his voice while sitting with others in a dark room?
To define the characteristics of the sound that helps to identify someone by his voice while sitting with others in a dark room.
The characteristics of sound that help to identify the sound of different voices are timbre and pitch. By the quality or timbre characteristics, we can easily distinguish one sound from another having the same pitch and loudness. We can distinguish between the musical sounds produced by different singers on the basis of the characteristic of sound called pitch.
Let us know a little bout timbre and pitch of a sound wave:
Quality (or timbre) is that characteristic of the sound by which we can distinguish between sounds of the same pitch and loudness produced by different musical instruments (and different singers). The quality (or timbre) depends on the shape of the sound wave (or waveform) produced by it.
The characteristic of sound that determines the shrillness of sound is called 'pitch'. The Pitch of sound depends on its frequency. The higher the frequency, the higher the pitch of the sound. A low-pitched sound is known as a hoarse sound.
A Labeled diagram to represent the sound of a low pitch, and high pitch, of the same loudness:
Therefore, because of the difference in timbre and pitch of the sound wave, a person can identify the voice of his friend sitting with others in a dark room.
- What qualities you will search in a person while making him a friend?
- How to identify the signs of depression in a friend who is trying to behave normal?
- How YouTube helps you Earn Money?
- How to secure your data from the Dark Web?
- Identify Your Stakeholders: Before the Ship Sinks
- Which keys on your keyboard you never use?
- Useful Techniques To Identify Your Project Risk
- How do you dynamically add Python modules to a package while your programming is running?
- How would you define your relationship with your mother-in-law?
- When should you use 'friend' in C++?
- How you will balance your relationship with your mother and wife?
- What are the qualities of a best friend?
- How to use the Characteristic Line to measure the risk and return of a security?
- What will you do to make your man go crazy in love with you?
- MySQL ORDER BY with different ordering for some of the values as descending and others ascending?
- What are some tips to decorate the room of a newlywed couple?