- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which are the important Australian deserts area wise?
Deserts are part of drylands and these areas exist under lack of moisture. They have the ability to frequently lose more moisture through evaporation. In addition, these areas receive very less rain annually too.
Great Victoria Desert: 424,400 km2 (163,900 square miles)
Great Sandy Desert: 284,993 km2 (110,036 square miles)
Tanami Desert: 184,500 km2 (71,235 square miles)
Simpson Desert: 176,500 km2 (68,145 square miles)
Gibson Desert: 156,000 km2 (60,230 square miles)
Deserts can have an oasis. In Australia, large parts of the arid and semiarid country are used as ‘rangelands’.
Temperature In These Deserts
In summers, the temperature soars throughout Australia’s deserts on average days reach above 35°C. At night, temperatures remain around 30°C, though they may drop within a 15-20°C range.
These deserts have a wide variety of flora and fauna and remain in their current state due to the natural circumstances in the form of rains, rivers, etc. Thus, deserts are also a part of the biological and ecological diversities and they should be conserved.
- Why deserts are hot in the daytime and chilled at night?
- Why are all the deserts located on the western sides of the continents?
- What are the important components of ODBC?
- What are the important components of JDBC?
- How important are Windows updates?
- What are the various important exceptions in Selenium?
- What are the important methods of the SQLException class?
- Which one is important in life money or attitude?
- Which out of beauty and brain is more important?
- What are the important places of pilgrimage for Hindus?
- What are the important roles of a Financial Manager?
- What are the most important considerations in Credit Rating?
- Which grapes are the tastiest?
- What are the three important steps in the evaluation of investments?