- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What would happen if the plasma membrane ruptures or breaks down?
In this condition, when the plasma membrane ruptures or breaks down, the cell will lose it's covered or closed environment, encompassing the cytoplasmic fluid and performing various chemical reactions.
The cell will not be able to perform osmosis and diffusion-related processes in the absence of a membrane. Therefore, it will result in the loss of protoplasmic material, and the cell will eventually die.
The fluid mosaic model is used to describe the structure of the plasma membrane. This model was proposed by Nicolson and Singer in 1972. This model suggests that the plasma membrane is composed of lipids and proteins primarily.
However, small amounts of carbohydrates can also be found in the plasma membrane. The proteins of the plasma membrane can be integral or peripheral membrane proteins. These proteins move through the lipid bilayer, which gives the plasma membrane a typical fluidic nature.
The fluid mosaic model of the plasma membrane can be represented as follows:
- What would happen if there were no Moon?
- What would happen if Earth started to rotate in the opposite direction?
- What would happen if we run SELECT WHERE columnName = zero in MySQL?
- What would happen if we insert empty values in a table with a column set as type TIMESTAMP CURRENT_TIMESTAMP?
- What will happen if we directly call the run() method in Java?
- What happen if we concatenate two string literals in C++?
- What would you do if you were the Prime Minister of India?
- What would be the five possessions if you are asked to keep?
- What will happen if the MySQL AUTO_INCREMENT column reaches the upper limit of the data type?
- If you dig a hole in the south pole are you digging up or down?
- If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
- What do you think will happen if prostitution is made legal in India?
- What would be the output if we use a NULL value in an arithmetic expression?
- What will happen if we have set UNIQUE and multiple insertion with duplicate values