- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What will happen if mucus is not secreted by the gastric glands?
Mucus protects the stomach wall from hydrochloric acid. If the mucus is not secreted by the gastric glands then the gas will damage the inner lining of the stomach and lead to ulcers in the stomach.
The stomach wall or gastric glands secretes gastric juice containing three substances hydrochloric acid, mucus, and pepsin.
One of the functions of hydrochloric acid is to kill bacteria that may enter the stomach with food.
The mucus protects the inside layer of the stomach from the damaging effect of the substance hydrochloric acid whereas the substance pepsin is an enzyme for digestion. It helps in the digestion of proteins.
The partially digested food then enters the small intestine for further digestion. ]
- What will happen if we directly call the run() method in Java?
- What do you think will happen if prostitution is made legal in India?
- What will happen if a NULL value is detected for a SQL statement in COBOL-DB2 program and the NULL indicator is not used?
- What will happen if the MySQL AUTO_INCREMENT column reaches the upper limit of the data type?
- What will happen to MySQL current transaction, if in the middle of that transaction, the DDL statement is executed?
- What will happen if we have set UNIQUE and multiple insertion with duplicate values
- What will be the result if DCLGEN is given with COPY statement and not INCLUDE?
- What will be the result if SQLCA is not included in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- What will happen to the current MySQL transaction if a START TRANSACTION command is executed in the middle of that current transaction?