- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What will happen if?
(a) we go on cutting trees.
(b) the habitat of an animal is disturbed.
(c) the top layer of soil is exposed.
(a) If we go on cutting trees, it will cause - deforestation
(b) If an animal's habitat is disturbed, it will cause - animals to become endangered and eventually extinct.
(c) If the top layer of soil is exposed, it will cause - soil erosion.
Consequences of deforestation:
Deforestation leads to climate change, soil erosion, flooding, desertification, loss of biodiversity, food insecurity, increment in the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, loss, and extinction of species, changes in weather patterns and climate, and an increase in conflict among humans and wildlife.
Effect of deforestation on the following areas are:
(a) Wild animals: Deforestation lost the natural habitat of the animals and it can also lead to their extinction.
(b) Environment: Deforestation causes global warming in the environment and causes an adverse effect on the ecosystem.
The plants are responsible for the absorption of carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen into the atmosphere, and their absence will result in the accumulation of carbon dioxide gas.
(c) Villages (Rural areas): Villagers and tribals are one of the stakeholders of forests. They obtain fuel, fruits, wood, etc. from forests.
Deforestation reduces these available resources, and freely moving uninhabited animals also pose a danger for the villagers.
(d) Cities (Urban areas): Although, city people are not directly affected by deforestation, climate change caused by deforestation is responsible for various calamities such as floods, droughts, tsunamis, etc.
(e) Earth: Deforestation removes the fertile land's green cover and converts it into a desert. It leads to climatic change and natural calamities.
(f) Next Generation: Due to the harsh climatic conditions and increasing global warming caused by deforestation, many animal and plant species are on the verge of extinction. The next generation might not be able to obtain a glimpse of beautiful and attractive flora and fauna.
- What will happen if we directly call the run() method in Java?
- What will happen to MySQL current transaction, if in the middle of that transaction, the DDL statement is executed?
- What is animal husbandry?
- What is the purpose of the "FOR UPDATE OF" clause in a cursor? What will happen if we fire an UPDATE statement without using this clause in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- What will happen if the MySQL AUTO_INCREMENT column reaches the upper limit of the data type?
- What will happen to the current MySQL transaction if a START TRANSACTION command is executed in the middle of that current transaction?
- What do you think will happen if prostitution is made legal in India?
- What is the top IDE for c++ on Window?
- What is the top IDE for c++ on Linux?
- What will happen when we try to override final method of the superclass in Java?
- What is the three layer of IOT architecture?
- What Should I Do If My IP Address Is Exposed?
- What is the transport layer?
- What is the session layer?