- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the function of receptors in our body? Think of situations where receptors do not work properly. What problems are likely to arise?
Receptors are present in all parts of the body, such as skin, eye, nose tongue, etc. They detect the signals and send them to the brain in the form of electrical signals.
If the receptors are damaged, they can't receive the inputs or the signals thus can cause harm to the body in a dangerous situation.
Such as, if a person is walking toward a manhole and the photoreceptors (receptors to hear) are damaged, the person cannot listen to the warnings of other people and can fall into the pit.
(i) Phonoreceptors - It is found in the ears. Its function is to hear and balance the body.
(ii) Photoreceptors -It is present in the eyes. Its function is to see.
(iii) Olfactory receptors -It is found in the nose. Its function is smell detection.
(iv) Thermoreceptors - Its function is to feel the heat, cold, or touch. It is present in the skin.
(v) Gustatory receptors -It is present in the tongue. Its function is to detect Taste.
- What are some unknown facts about our body?
- What are the changes that occur in our body with the increase of age?
- What is drug abuse and what kind of people are most likely to get addicted to it?
- What do you think when you are alone?
- What are the situations that give you goosebumps?
- What are Agency Problems?
- What is the importance of blood in human body?
- What is the role of language in our life?
- What is the significance of dreams in our life?
- What is the importance of religion in our lives?
- What is the Resolution of our Eyes in Megapixels?
- What are the undecidable problems in TOC?
- What are the situations people sell even their organs?
- What do you think is the main cause for teenage depression?
- What are the most common teenage problems?
- What are the rules for the body of lambda expression in Java?