- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book all about?
The Jungle book is not only loved by children I think it's a favorite book of all us. There have been so many film adaptations made of the book and they all could not do complete justice to this magnum opus of Rudyard Kipling. It was written and published in 1894 and is a famous work of fiction of 112 pages. In fact, the first film on Jungle book was released in 1994.
Kipling tells the story of little Mowgli, who falls into the hands of a pack of wolves who raise him as their own child in a jungle. As he grows up, he falls into many adventures. His friends include Baloo the bear and Bagheera the black panther. The tales are fables, using animals to teach moral lessons like Panchtantra by Vishnu Sharma. The verses of "The Law of the Jungle” are very interesting and each story in each chapter is like an epigram.
Characters In The Story
Many characters are present in the novel with a strange nomenclature. Baloo is similar to Hindi translation ‘Bhaloo’ and some others too have similar names. Other characters are Akela, Bagheera, Chil, Darzee, Wolf and so on.
Thus, due to the unique narrative, this book accounts for easy reading for all age groups.
- Related Articles
- What is The Prelude all about?
- What is the Mohu Airwave all about?
- What is the Jaipur Literature Festival all about?
- What is the famous poem Kubla Khan all about?
- What is the "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" all about?
- What was the Bubonic Plague all about?
- What is the Temptation Scene in Absalom and Achitophel all about?
- What are Python namespaces all about?
- What is the Sudarshan Kriya of the Art of Living organization all about?
- What is the query to know about all character sets supported by MySQL?
- All About Keto Cycling: What It Is, how to Do It?
- All About the Pomodoro Technique
- All About Laxatives
- What is the difference between Book Value and Replacement Value?
- What is the purchase day book and give its format?