- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is menstruation? Explain.
Menstruation is a process that females go through with the onset of puberty. During this process, the female bodies prepare themselves for a potential pregnancy.
Regular cycling of hormones takes place in the female reproductive system. One ovum is released by the ovaries into the fallopian tube once every 28-30 days. Hence, the length of the menstrual cycle is about 28 days. However, it varies for every woman.
The release of an egg from the ovary is known as ovulation. In the absence of sperm, pregnancy does not happen and the egg, along with the thick lining of the uterus and blood vessels shed which causes bleeding in women. It is known as menstruation or menstrual cycle.
The menstrual cycle of females (or women) consists of the following phases:
After a woman reaches adolescence, one of the eggs in her ovaries matures and is released once every 28 days through the process of ovulation.
Before ovulation, the uterine lining becomes dense and sponge-like in order to receive the fertilized egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the lining of the uterus or womb ruptures and sheds, leaving the body via the vagina in the form of blood and tissue, known as menstrual flow.
This begins on the fourteenth day after ovulation and often lasts three to five days.
As soon as this flow ceases, the uterus begins preparing for the fertilized egg. If the organism does not receive the fertilized egg, the same sequence of events occurs.
Menstruation typically begins between the ages of 11 and 14 and continues until menopause at age 51.
Acne, bloating, aching breasts, feeling weary, food cravings, mood swings, irritability, lower back discomfort, headache, and lethargy are common symptoms and indicators of this cycle.
- What is narrowing in java? Explain.
- What is JDBC SQL Escape Syntax Explain?
- What is RowId object in JDBC Explain?
- What is CONCUR_UPDATABLE ResultSet in JDBC? Explain?
- What is CONCUR_READ_ONLY ResultSet in JDBC? Explain?
- What is a CachedRowSet in JDBC? Explain?
- What is instanceof operator in Java? Explain.
- What is RDBMS? Explain its major functions
- What is a multidimensional array? Explain with program
- What is Queue in Python? Explain with examples
- What is context free grammar? Explain with examples
- What is type 3 grammar? Explain its properties
- What is 1NF in DBMS? Explain with examples
- What is OLAP? Explain its advantages and disadvantages
- What is ABAP? Explain ABAP OOP feature in detail?