- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Light Based Key Distribution System and how is it useful?
The light-based key distribution system for quantum encryption is a secure communication method. It enables two parties to produce a shared random secret key which is known only to them and it can be used for encryption and decryption of the message by both the parties. Two communicating users can detect the presence of any third party trying to gain knowledge of the key and this is because of the unique property of QKD (Quantum Key Distribution) system as it involves components of quantum mechanics.
Where Is It Used?
Quantum key distribution is used not to transmit any message data it is only used to produce and distribute a key. The key can then be used with any chosen encryption algorithm to encrypt and decrypt a message, which can then be transmitted over a standard communication channel. The security of encryption that uses quantum key distribution depends on the foundations of quantum mechanics.
A communication system implements a cryptographic protocol which involves components of quantum mechanics, that detects eavesdropping by using transmitting information in quantum states. Depending on which property they exploit, there are several approaches to quantum key distribution.
Prepare and Measure Protocols
The act of measurement is an integral part of quantum mechanics. Measuring unknown quantum state changes the state in some way and this is a consequence of quantum indeterminacy. It can make the best use, in order to detect any eavesdropping on communication and calculate the amount of information that has been intercepted.
Entanglement Based Protocols
The quantum states of multiple objects can become linked together in such a way that they must be described by a combined quantum state and this is known as entanglement. Performing a measurement on one object affects the other and reveals the presence of the third party and the amount of information they have gained.
- What is AAA rating and how is it useful?
- What is an Account Number and how is it useful?
- Why is it useful to compare and align biosequences?
- What Is Key Person Insurance and How Does It Work?
- What is the purpose of OPTIMIZE FOR ROWS in DB2 SQLs? How is it useful?
- What is the Flexi-fare System and how is it going to affect your travel?
- What is a nebula and how is it formed?
- What is postpartum depression and how is it treated?
- What is aqua yoga and how effective is it?
- What is Accelerated Depreciation and how is it measured?
- What is Absolute Return and how is it measured?
- What is abnormal return and how is it calculated?
- What is Left Recursion and how it is eliminated?
- What is Jailbreaking and is it Safe?
- What is CIDR and how it works?