- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Greenhouse Effect?
The greenhouse effect can be understood as the process of heat retention in the earth’s atmosphere, caused by greenhouse gases more than the required level. This effect is causing greater damage to the earth’s atmosphere and hence affecting the lives on earth. The greenhouse gases when produced more than the required level, cause the greenhouse effect.
What Is Actually Going On?
When the solar energy reaches the earth’s atmosphere, some of this is reflected back to space while some of it is absorbed by the Earth’s surface. This part of the heat energy that is absorbed by land, water bodies etc. on earth’s surface, reflects some of it again into the earth’s atmosphere. During this reflection, some of the energy is again absorbed by the atmospheric greenhouse gases, so as to keep the earth’s atmosphere warm for the survival of lives.
Well, it is all good till now as this is a natural phenomenon occurring since Earth was formed. But later on, with the increased human activities such as burning fossil fuels, deforestation and the increasing number of industries have started increasing the number of greenhouse gases being released into the atmosphere. This heat is trapped in the earth’s atmosphere, which results in the rise of atmospheric temperature. This amount is drastically increasing day-to-day and causing the temperature of the earth’s atmosphere to rise on and on.
Is It Dangerous?
It is the ability of greenhouse gases such as carbon-di-oxide, Methane, Nitrous Oxide and fluorinated gases that are trapping the heat in Earth’s atmosphere. The molecular structure of these gases where three or more atoms are present is making the heat to be present in the earth’s atmosphere. This heat which is continuously confining to the atmosphere is heating it more and more and causing a rise in global temperatures.
Weather change is a normal thing, whereas Climatic changes are serious warnings. We are witnessing clear climatic changes since few decades and knowing about the rapid glacier retreat and also about the reduction in agricultural productivity and soil fertility which are all the results of the greenhouse effect.
- What is Hunting Effect in Alternator?
- What is Fisher’s Effect?
- What is the effect of errors in Error Detection?
- What is the Corona Effect in Overhead Transmission Lines?
- What is plastic pollution and its effect on the environment?
- What is the effect of hyaluronic acid on skin/health?
- What is over population and its effect on the environment?
- What is mirage effect? Can you give me an example?
- What is the effect of extern “C” in C++?
- What is the effect of financial (or operational) leverage on beta?
- What is the effect of Load Power Factor on efficiency and regulation?
- What is the effect of EMI(Electro Magnetic Interferences) on the human nervous system?
- CSS Shadow Effect
- Wave effect with CSS?
- Flip Effect with CSS